Monday, September 6, 2010

Skyline - Madison


This glass sculpture, Skyline of Madison, was created by Greg Dinauer. The piece was created from a photograph taken by Greg while on John Nolen Avenue. Other work created by Greg can be viewed on his web site. The sculpture is placed just off my kitchen. I am very happy with the sculpture, only slightly disappointed that my condo building did not make it in the skyline.

Greg Dinauer is truly a passionate artist. How he captured the detail of the isthmus skyline is just astonishing. However his passion did not stop there. Greg swung by my condo himself to do the install. After getting the drywall hangars in place we proceeded to hang the sculpture on my wall...easier said than done. Finally the hangars caught. Stepping back to view the sculpture Greg noticed one the pieces was not hanging as snugly to the other as he would like, so we proceeded to take the sculpture down, adjust the hangars and rehang. I truly appreciated this attention to detail and am thrilled to tell everyone about this experience. It is a beautiful conversation piece enjoyed by all my guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment